
In February, we had a week of extremely cold weather and to everyone's surprise, the school district cancelled school for 3 days, due to the cold! We were all shocked because Thursday and Friday of that week were Parent-Teacher conferences, so we suddenly had a whole week off of school. Unfortunately, it was even too cold to go out and play in the snow or ski, so we found some indoor activities to keep us busy!

We went to the local Rec Center for some indoor swimming! (Above): Can you believe Ashlyn & her friend Rachel were born the same week? They are such good friends.
(Above): This is a rare moment when Corey's not on the tube slide! Claire and I love the slides too!
(Above): We had a fun afternoon at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science with The Stouts!
At the end of January, the kids had a teacher workday on a Monday, so I took Ashlyn skiing for the first time in Colorado! It was just her 4th time skiing, but she's getting it. I feel badly that she's had basketball every Saturday so we can't go more often. It's also tough because Dan doesn't ski, so it's a lot of time away from the family. We had a fairly nice day and I enjoyed having some one-on-one time with Ashlyn.
In early February, I had some friends over to make these cute Valentine's wreaths I had seen on Our Best Bites. We spent a couple of hours together working on them and it took us all several more hours to finish. It was a time-consuming project, but I loved the finished result...













0 comments:
Post a Comment