It is SO nice to live near some family members so we have someone to celebrate the holidays with! For Christmas Eve, we had Ken, Sky, Fantasia and Aurora over for dinner. They showed up all dressed up, looking fabulous. Dan & I made a turkey dinner with all the fixings, then we had the kids open Christmas pajamas.
Dan's Dad always read his own version of "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve (wearing his Grinch t-shirt, of course!) In keeping with tradition, Dan downloaded the interactive story on his iPad and Ken read it will all of his Dad's hilarious additions. I love this picture (below) of Ashlyn, giving Ken her "are you serious???" look...
For dessert, we had homemade chocolate fondue, which is one of my favorites! My Mom does a fondue dinner every Christmas Eve, so I was keeping with tradition as well:) Here's the recipe, if you're interested...










1 comments:
YUMMMM on the fondue tradition. That was my family's tradition growing up and now I do it with my kiddos too! I'll have to try your recipe. I have a muy delicioso recipe for a cheese fondue if you ever want to try it. My mouth is watering!
Post a Comment