
Corey just finished playing basketball recently. He ended up on a team with a friend from his school class, 3 great coaches and some great boys. The coaches were all Brothers-in-Law and it was fun to get to know some new people. He had practice on Friday nights, then another 20 minute practice Saturday morning, with a 30 minute game that followed. It was a nice way to squeeze in 2 practices, but it didn't take up 2 whole nights. Corey enjoyed the season and his team ended up undefeated!
(Below): This cracked me up and I even got a picture... This is at Corey's basketball practice. It was the first time he's played "shirts vs. skins" and he yells across the court, "Mom, look! I'm not wearing a shirt!" The other parents and I had a good laugh over that!
Corey's had a lot of big events over the past 3 months. He turned 8, got baptized and started Boy Scouts. For all of this, it seemed like a very big birthday for my boy. We had a birthday party with his friends, then had family party the next day on his birthday. Corey's such a kind and sweet kid, which I love. This week, I was impressed that he came home from school worried about one of his friends. He looked up his friend's number and called him to see why he seemed sad at school. I love his open-hearted innocence and concern for others.
(Above): Corey loved opening presents from his grandparents on his birthday. I think Claire was a little excited too!
(Above): Corey with his ceremonial face paint for his Bobcat advancement in Boy Scouts.











0 comments:
Post a Comment