Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome Meg!


Grrrr! I can't stand missing big family events. My next youngest sister Andrea had her 4th baby last week and I'm missing it. My parents and 4 sisters all live within a few minutes of each other and I'm here in AZ.  They have Sunday dinners almost every week at my parents', their kids all play together and we're missing out. We've done well to stay in touch and to go visit often but I'm really homesick this week, knowing that my niece is so cute and newborn and I won't get to see her until she 3 months old. Andrea flew down for a weekend to visit when Claire was born last summer and then took my kids in Salt Lake for a week while I recovered.  I would LOVE to do the same for her.  Grrrrrrr! On a happier, less feel-sorry-for-me-that-I'm-the-only-sister-who's-not-there note, isn't MEG a cutie? She'll be a blonde for sure. Just look at all those good-looking blondies! Welcome to the world, Meg, from your favorite Aunt Alli! 

(ABOVE): This picture cracks me up! Andrea just had her 4th c-section, but she's squatting on the floor and her kids are in her bed! OUCH! Makes me hurt all over again. Love you, Dra!

1 comments:

Stacy said...

LOL about your sister on the floor while the kids are in the bed! She looks really great. I never look that good after having a baby! Is she wearing lipstick???
I know how you feel about being left out in the family. Before we moved to CA in 2001 my WHOLE family was in CA and we were in Utah. They had Sunday dinners at my mom's house every week and all that fun stuff. I remember talking to my mom on the phone on Sundays and her saying, "Well I better go, everyone's here for dinner." I was like, "Thanks, Mom!" The funny thing is when we moved here the thing I was most looking forward to was the Sunday dinners and guess what! They stopped doing them as soon as we moved here! Nice, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...