Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back to school...already!

This has to be my very favorite summer in recent memory, but now it's back to reality.  It's hard to believe my kids started school this week and August just began! They were really looking forward to it and now I get Claire all to myself. Corey started Kindergarten and Ashlyn's in 3rd grade. It's day 3 now and I have a confession to make...my house is eerily quiet during the day with my oldest 2 gone. What will I do with myself (besides finish "Breaking Dawn" and hopefully get back to reading my scriptures on a regular basis, go to the gym, try to keep the house up to my standard of clean and run errands with only Claire in tow). 
Hmmm....anyone want to be a "lady who lunches" with me?

7 comments:

Stacy said...

I have one more week until the blessed day that my children return to school. Does it make me a bad mom that I want them to go back??? It has been a great summer but I am ready to be back in a routine.
Corey looks so old! Hope he is enjoying kindergarten!

Em said...

Carter starts school on Monday and I'm excited and scared...Can I really be old enough to have a kid in school now? I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet around here...I'm up for lunch... I still need to get together with you and teach you the bows. Now that school is back in session it should be easier.

The Curtis Family said...

Count me in for lunching! Although with two 2 year-olds still at home, my lunch spots are limited to places with playgrounds.

McDonald's anyone?

mattis0n said...

Ali- I would love to do lunch with you. I went from 4 kids at home to none. Yeah! Count me in.

Webb Family said...

I have all 4 of mine in school & it's so weird & wonderful!!
Funny how we are still so busy!

Hammond Family said...

I can't believe that your kiddos are back to school already. We have until after Labor Day. Is it year round school there? Calvin starts kindergarten this year just like Corey, he is so excited and keeps asking me when how many more days until school starts! :-)

Alli grins said...

Nope: not year-round school, just near year-round heat! Summer's only 2 months long, and we get our third month of summer in breaks throughout the year (when it's not hotter than Hades). I really like the schedule. Seems like everyone's ready to back to school after a 2 month break:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...