Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Escape to the "High Life"....

August 1-2nd: I'm not sure if pictures can adequately show how gorgeous it was at our cabin in Wyoming this year! We built the cabin ("The Miller High Life ranch") back in 1999 and this year was the prettiest year so far. I love that it's basically in the middle of nowhere, so it's very private with lots of wildlife, yet it's still only 2 hours from my parents' home in Salt Lake. The kids and I went up with my parents and my sister Monica and her husband and baby. It was a quick trip, but we did lots of 4 wheeling and enjoyed the cooler weather! My kids think this is what heaven looks like, and I agree!
My Mom taught the kids the names of many of the wildflowers,
like these purple larkspur (below), that were taller than us!
(Below) Our cabin's on the top of this hill! Corey's riding with Monica and Mom & Ashlyn are at the tail end. Even Claire loved the 4 wheelers!

3 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Your family is so cute, cute sisters! I ♥ sisters! Looks like you guys had fun. I am so jealous that you got to go to UT in the summer even though we just got back 3 weeks ago, I just ♥ it there. How was the kids first day of school? Paige and Corey are in the same class!

Leah said...

So beautiful there. I loved all your pictures. Looks like you have had a very fun and eventful summer! Can't believe school has already started! Hey, and let me know what you think of Breaking Dawn. I am half way through, and so far its pretty interesting to say the least!! A little twisted at times...!

Stacy said...

What a great vacation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...