Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Blissed out"

Yesterday was an amazing day. I felt "blissed out," or so happy that I just felt like I would explode. I began the day with a good cardio workout at the gym with good friends Katie & Holly. During Claire's naps I read about my favorite vampires in "Breaking Dawn," which has been surprising and so much fun to read (I'm on about page 400). I told Dan, today was my "favorite day ever with Claire." She was so happy and we spent most of the afternoon playing together. When I picked Ashlyn & Corey up from school, they were on the sidewalk holding hands (and I take moments when I know they adore each other whenever they come:-) We got home and both kids were just buzzing about what a great first week of school they'd had. Corey was telling me how to spell things (ex: "Mom! You spell love L-O-V-E"). Dan worked late again (my one disappointment of the day) so we had Ashlyn's friend Lacey stay for dinner then watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics together. I put the kiddos to bed and Dan came home, so content and happy from work and we cuddled up and watched a movie together.

Now, I know happiness can be just a "state of mind," but with a little perspective I think you can choose to be happy most of the time. For example, the day before last, Claire was irritable and cried much of the day, so it made yesterday even better when she was so sweet & happy. I'd been so worried about Corey going to Kindergarten all day, but the worst thing that happened all week was that Wednesday, in his excitement to get ready for school, he wore his pajamas pants under his shorts to school! Dan's has had his share of sleepless nights worrying about work, so I'm so thankful that things are going smoothly. So, who knows what today will bring, but LIFE IS GOOD!

4 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Do you ever have a bad day? You are always happy! You are an example to us all for being happy no matter what.

The Curtis Family said...

Seriously, Kate is right. You are always happy Alli. It's been a pleasure getting to know you better these last few months (not to mention I love how time flies when we can chat during our workouts!!).

And I love that you posted this at 7:40 on a Saturday morning. LOL I'm not sure I'm ever happy at 7:40 a.m., let alone on a Saturday morning. :)

Stacy said...

I agree with your other friends' comments, Alli. I have rarely, if ever, seen you without a smile on your face. Which tells me you are either always happy or a really great actress! I'm pretty sure it's the first though.
Glad you had a great day!

moesmiles said...

This is just one more reason that I just love you! Can't wait to see you again in few more weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...