Tuesday, June 17, 2008

12th wedding anniversary!!!

Tomorrow is our 12th wedding anniversary! Hard to believe! I was trying to explain to Corey what an anniversary was, so I told him it's like a birthday for when his Daddy & I got married. He said, "Oh. I like birthdays," then went back to playing with his Legos.
Looking back at our wedding photos is entertaining. Those of you who didn't know us 12 years ago may be surprised to see that Dan & I both have curly hair, that Dan was blonde, and that we look way too young to be getting married! Bet you've never seen Dan without a goatee, either!
Our wedding day was beautiful. We were married in the morning by Vaughn J. Featherstone in the Salt Lake Temple. We had a wedding luncheon at The Lion
House and our reception there later that night. I love The Lion House because my great grandmother grew up there and my parents had their wedding reception there about 24 years before! We spent our honeymoon in Maui, Hawaii, which was paradise! We bought a cute little fixer-upper home in the Highland Park area of Salt Lake and spent nearly every weekend working on it. We lived in the basement and rented out the upstairs because the rent paid our mortgage! Somehow, we both finished college, worked full-time and found time to see each other occasionally. Those were crazy, but great years before kids and all our moves.
In my experience, love changes, but it just gets better with time. Twelve years is nothing.....we're just getting started!
I love you, Dan!

15 comments:

Em said...

Congrats you 2!~ Happy Anniversary! You both still look so young. Must have some great genes.

Jason and Kate said...

Congrats! Dan's hair is classic...I love it!

April said...

Happy Anniversary! And yes I must say, love the hair!!! What great pictures!

Jill said...

You both looks so great. I love seeing your wedding pictures. You were a beautiful bride. My neice just had her luncheon and the Lion House it was so nice. I love eating there when ever we visit SLC.

Jill said...

You were a beautiful bride. Fun to see your pictures. We are 17 years on June 20. Time is going so fast.

Gren13 said...

It is amazing to me that I still look as good as I did back then. I know that my time with Alli has felt like that 12 years started yesterday.

I just wanted my wife to know how much I love and appreciate all that she does.

Bring on the next 12. I am sure they will go as fast as the last.

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

happy anniversary!!! You guys look so cute and young ;) Still do!

Ali said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember someone telling me if you can make it to 12, then you're good to go! You're wedding photos are great, but now, your family is even more beautiful. Thanks for having us swimming, it was fun & relaxing - even with cranky babies - LOL. Thanks for your friendship - I could just chat with you forever! Have a great vacation - looking forward to pics!

Scotifer said...

Grow it back! Grow it back!

KELLY & AMY said...

Hooray for 12 years! Thanks for posting those classic pictures. You both still look so great!
Amy

Brooklyn said...

Dan's hair is awesome! And Alli, I use to have the same bangs back then. :)

Congrats!

Blanck said...

Alligator
I remember that day very well. You were gorgeous and still are. Dan looks like a cute little button. You two couldn't keep your hands off each other. sigh... Young love!!
Still going strong. Congratulations

Aubry said...

Congratulations you two! You are such a cute couple and I loved seeing the pics from your special day!

Leah said...

Allie I love your page! It is so cute. Wish I was a little more creative... Congratulations on 12 years! Your are beautiful, you still look that young! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Hope all is well.

Steph said...

theres' the Alli I remember! Love it and happy anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...