Well, now that it's over, I can say that August was one of the worst months in recent memory. Dan, Corey and I all got the flu on August 10th and we were sick for almost 10 days. We missed Meet the Teacher night for Corey's school and he didn't meet his teacher until the first day of school. Dan and Corey finally started feeling better around the 20th when Dan left for a business trip to Denmark. He was gone for the kids' first week of school and I continued to struggle to feel better. By the beginning of September, I saw the doctor again and she ordered a chest x-ray and my flu had turned into pneumonia. It's September 9th today and I'm still coughing and am so tired. We've had some tough extended family issues lately and last week a good friend of mine lost a baby girl at one day old, so I think my emotions aren't helping.
On August 21st, Ashlyn reminded me that we usually take pictures around the time that school starts. I had sent my older 2 kids to church that day, so they were photo-ready, so after dinner we went out to take some family photos. I'm still figuring out my new camera... It does SO much, but the kids were cooperative and I'm happy with the shots I got...
On August 21st, Ashlyn reminded me that we usually take pictures around the time that school starts. I had sent my older 2 kids to church that day, so they were photo-ready, so after dinner we went out to take some family photos. I'm still figuring out my new camera... It does SO much, but the kids were cooperative and I'm happy with the shots I got...
I adore these kids and even on tough days, I am extremely grateful to be their Mom!












2 comments:
I can't believe how big your kids are getting... they are all so so cute! You have a beautiful family. I hope you are feeling better. It's so hard to try and run a household while husbands are gone and to feel so miserable on top of that! Get well Alli!!
Thanks Leah! I'm happy to report that we are all {{finally}} healthy and feeling good. Miss you!
Post a Comment