{{GULP!!!}} Ashlyn just started Middle School. How did that happen? She's suddenly all grown up and it's hard to believe that she's old enough to have a locker, P.E. and multiple teachers! I took these pictures on the day we picked up her schedule. She was disappointed to learn she was in a different core than her best friend Rachel (below). They were so excited to decorate their lockers and to practice their locker combinations (over and over and over) that day! We think it should be a rule that the TALL girls should get the lockers on top!
School started for Ashlyn on a Friday, of all days! With Middle School they go for a half day, just to meet their teachers. The following Monday it was a regular, full day of school. I think I held my breath all day long until she walked in the door and thankfully, she was just beaming. She's been looking forward to the change and to having new teachers and meeting new friends. For a girl that's been to a new school nearly every year, I was a little surprised she was giddy about starting a new school again! She came home on day 3 to tell me that she'd volunteered to play the cello in orchestra. I guess I should be happy she didn't agree to play the bass!

After nearly putting Corey in the new charter school that opened this Fall, we are at the same school again this year. Corey's been to 6 schools in 3 states now (including preschool) so I am actually glad for some familiarity! He was mildly excited to begin school and once he saw some friends that first day, I think he relaxed and was able to enjoy it. So far, he seems content with his teacher and class. Homework is still a struggle, but we're getting into a routine now.
Claire just started preschool on September 7th. She's been watching Corey and Ashlyn go to school each day and couldn't wait to go to school. We're doing a co-op preschool with 2 of the same girls from last year and 2 new boys. This year, we're using the Mother Goose program, which, from what I've seen so far, is going to be much easier than coming up with lesson plans on our own. I'll be responsible to teach 3 times a week for 2 weeks in a row, every 10 weeks. Claire came home on Wednesday so happy and showed me how she's working on writing her own name. My little munchkins are growing up!










0 comments:
Post a Comment