The weekend of July 29-31st, we went camping at Heaton Bay near the Breckenridge Ski Resort with our friends Mark and Rikke. We had originally scheduled this trip on Memorial weekend in May, but there was still snow! We had heard several good reports about this camp spot and were excited to finally check it out...
It was as beautiful as we'd heard and the weather was just about perfect, if just a little cold at night and there were quite a lot of bugs. We spent the first day fishing and the kids swam...
We didn't catch any fish, but we still loved sitting by the water and talking with our friends. Rikke's friend Lisa was visiting from Denmark and it was fun to get to know her. I love the picture (below) of Sam "catching" Lisa with the fishing net!
The sunsets were seriously spectacular at night! It was a really beautiful spot to camp. On Friday, Mark drove into town to see about renting a canoe. He came back about an hour later with a canoe that he bought! We spent a lot of time canoeing on the lake with the kids. There were a few small islands that were fun to canoe around. Dan and Ashlyn took fishing poles with them, but only had one bite.
One of my favorite parts of camping is cooking over a fire. Dan and I made our favorite Dutch Oven cobbler and we ate S'Mores until we were sick!
Saturday afternoon we drove to Breckenridge to ride the Alpine Slide. It was so crowded and incredibly hot, but I got to ride the slide with Ashlyn and Corey...
I took the picture (above) at Breckenridge before we left to go back to our camp spot. It was a nice trip with great friends! The picture (below) is one I took as we were driving over the dam to go home...


















0 comments:
Post a Comment