Friday, September 9, 2011

Labor Day in Wyoming...

It's become a tradition to meet at my family's cabin in Wyoming for the Labor Day weekend. I was still coughing terribly, but my doctor said I wasn't contagious and my parents insisted that we come, so we drove 6 hours to be with my family. It was a nice drive both ways and I appreciated the chance to rest while Dan drove. We hadn't been to the cabin since last September, so we were so happy to be up there again. It was a little dusty, but the weather was perfect and there were very few bugs. I LOVE it there in the Fall! My kids loved being with their cousins again and we all enjoyed relaxing and being together. Natalie and Dave didn't come because their little Nora was only a week old, so we really missed them!  

We played an epic Phase 10 game, stayed up late talking, the boys cut down some huge trees to make room for a wider road and we all ate too much of Mom's cooking! On Monday, I took all 3 of my kids on a 4 wheeler ride with Monica, Lisa, Anna, Noah and Michael. Our destination: The old pioneer cabin! I let Corey drive a lot of the time, but he gets nervous when it's too rough or around water. 
This old cabin was apparently occupied by a single woman in her 80's. I think I'd go stark raving mad, living out there all alone (with no grocery store!) 
Monica is the best 4 wheeler tour guide, as she helped cut the majority of the paths we ride on. My favorite spot to be on a 4 wheeler is in the middle of an aspen grove. I love how the light filters through the small round leaves and I love their white trunks against all the other green. It's so peaceful and there's nothing quite like it!

1 comments:

Blanck said...

love these Wyoming pics. Breathtaking I bet you never want to go home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...