Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ashlyn's 11th birthday party... a month early!

Saturday, July 16th, we had Claire's 4th birthday party in the morning. That night, we had Ashlyn's 11th birthday party. Ashlyn's friend Kaylee was visiting from California, so we figured we'd just... party all day! Ashlyn and I made 6 dozen cupcakes with color-swirled frosting the night before, so we were ready for both parties.

Ashlyn invited 5 friends and I took them to get kiddie pedicures (just paint and custom flowers). 11 is such a funny age. These girls are no longer little kids, but not yet teenagers. After the pedicures, we went over to Grandrabbit's Toy Store and spent about 15 minutes acting like kids again. I grabbed my cell phone and took the picture (below) of the girls playing instruments...
Next, we met Dan, Corey and Claire at Mimi's Cafe for dinner, then we went back to our home for cupcakes and presents...
It's hard to believe Ashlyn will be a teenager in a few years! I am enjoying her so much right now and am proud of the young woman she's becoming....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...