
I almost always have a camera with me. It comes in handy when I see something that inspires me. Sometimes it's my kids doing something funny, something I see at a store, or last week when I witnessed a Hummer hit a parked car in a parking lot and the driver almost drove away until he saw me taking his picture! My kids are usually willing subjects for my photographs.....but not always!
Sunday after church I asked the kids if I could take a few pictures of them in these adorable matching outfits that my Mom sent. Ashlyn was not too happy about this and pouted so much that I took a few group shots and sent her inside to change. I continued to take candids of Corey and Claire and got some great shots.
When we came inside, I explained to Ashlyn that, as a parent, you think you'll never forget certain things about your children. We sat down at my computer and looked through my digital photos. It was fun to see pictures of Ashlyn as a baby and to see the changes as she grew up. I told her that pictures remind me of all the little things I never want to forget about her: the shape of her face, how she looked at age 3, how she loved the puppy we could only keep for 6 months because the dog was tearing up our home, how she looked with very long hair...
She hugged me and told me that she'd smile next time I wanted to take her picture.
"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it." ~Author Unknown








1 comments:
Those outfits are so cute. I love the girls dresses. I can't believe how big Claire is getting. She seems like such a happy little baby. I always have my camera in my purse but I never thought of taking a picture of someone who was trying to run after hitting a car. Good thinking, I will have to remember that if I ever see that.
Post a Comment