Saturday, April 25, 2009

All tied up!

I am so grateful for my kids' friends! I really hope I can still say that when they're teenagers. I love that Ashlyn came home from Emma's house a few months ago and sat down and played "Fur Elise" on the piano because Emma had taught her. I love that Lacey is so athletic and active and that she and Ashlyn never sit down when they play together. I love that Ashlyn and Brook always put on a show for me when they play. I love that Ashlyn has good friends at church and at school that are GOOD KIDS and good influences on her.

Lately, Ashlyn's been playing with Alyssa a lot. She's almost 2 years older, but these 2 are "kindred spirits," as Anne Shirley would say. When I went to pick Ashlyn up recently, she and Alyssa had braided their hair together, had tied their hands together and had a stretchy headband in their mouths! They obviously have a good time together.

I tell Ashlyn often that "Mommies need friends too," as I run out the door to Book Club, Enrichment or a girls' night out. She thinks that's so funny, for some reason. I've been so lucky to make friends wherever we've lived and to stay in touch with older friends as well through e-mail, blogging and Facebook. Yes, Mommies need friends too and I'm so thankful for my mine:-)

1 comments:

Annette said...

Hey, Alli! How are the Elggrens? Your kids are getting so big...Claire is darling! I'm so glad your enjoying Arizona and that you guys have made so many good friends. I'm not surprised...you're one of the sweetest (and friendliest) people I know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...