In early July, we were thrilled to have our good friends, The Curtises come and stay with us for 2 days. Katie is one of my closest friends from our time in Arizona and our kids are all about the same age, so it was one big party while they were here! Corey and Fisher were in the same Kindergarten class and Ashlyn and Emma were best buddies. Claire was twice as excited because their twins, Teslin and Case are just a year older than she is! I had planned to take them to the Zoo or a museum in Denver, but the kids just wanted to PLAY, so we went to our favorite park and had lunch and rode the paddle boats....
Corey switched boats twice, mostly to annoy the girls. We were on the lake for about 15 minutes when it started to rain! Bummer! We paddled back and headed to the Rec Center to swim indoors.
I can't believe how much these girls have grown!!! I was in mourning for a few days after they left because I really miss their family. The next week, our friends The Stouts, who recently moved to California, came to stay with us for a few days. Kristy and I stayed up way too late each night, talking and catching up and Ashlyn and Kaylee were inseparable. We did Ashlyn's birthday party a month early so Kaylee could be there. I don't have many pictures from their visit (except from Claire and Ashlyn's birthday parties, in my next post...) It was fun to have these 3 girls back together again!
I am so grateful for good friends, new and old. I guess all this moving around has just enlarged our circle of friends:)















0 comments:
Post a Comment