Sunday, August 14, 2011

LEGOLAND...

The last week in June, we finally had the opportunity to go to LEGOLAND in San Diego. Dan and I had heard that it's best for kids 10 and under, so we were anxious to go before Ashlyn got any older. We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel that was right above the park so the day we arrived, we dropped off our bags and walked right down to the park for the remainder of the day. I didn't know what to expect, but I think we were all amazed at all the figures, buildings and animals made of LEGOs. It just blows my mind to imagine putting together all of those little blocks! 

As far as the rides go, there are definitely more rides for younger children, but there were a few that got everyone's heart racing! There was one called "Knights' Tournament" that was a 2-seater robotic arm that twisted you, turned you and almost dumped you in a moat! Ashlyn and Corey really enjoyed the "Coast Cruise" that had replicas of some of the Wonders of the World. We loved that Mount Rushmore had little LEGO men cleaning out President Washington's ear with a giant Q-tip! 
I want to remember how excited Corey was at LEGOLAND forever. He loves LEGOs and I feel like the park was made just for him. I think we absolutely wore him out each day because we'd go get in the hot tub at the hotel at night and he'd start head-bobbing even before the sun set!
On our second day there, Dan took Ashlyn and Corey to the water park, but they only stayed for about an hour because the weather was a bit cold. I had Claire all to myself for a while, so we did some of the rides and activities for younger kids.
After 2 days playing hard at LEGOLAND, it was on to Sea World the next day...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...