Friday, August 12, 2011

Corey: Scout Camp

(Below): Corey in June & with his 2nd grade teacher and Claire on the last day of school...

Keeping Corey busy this summer has been tough. I was grateful that he had Scout Camp in June. I volunteered for a day in the middle of the week and I loved seeing what he'd been up to and I loved being with him. His favorite activity was archery and I was impressed how well he hit his paper plate target. The boys learned about first aid, made 2 crafts, played a soccer-type game and made rockets....
They had a guest speaker during lunch each day. On the day I was there Brian from our ward did a presentation on snakes! He brought some snakes, on loan from a local pet store, and talked about his experience caring for snakes. He also brought the skin from his favorite snake that had died while he was in high school (pictured below), shed skins and some snake vertebrae. It all gave me the creeps, but the boys were absolutely fascinated! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...