15 years!!! Dan and I have been through so much together and I am so grateful for a husband that is so supportive, accepting, fun, generous, spiritual, an amazing father, a tireless provider, and an amazing lover and best friend. Our trials and challenges have strengthened us because we endured them together. We've moved so much, started over in many ways, and have had to rely on each other through moves, job changes and the deaths of brothers, grandparents and our child. We are different, but mostly in good ways. I appreciate his calm, logical approach to things when I am more emotional and often lack the faith he has. He is such a strength to me and I feel like I can do more because he is there.
I remember going out to celebrate our first anniversary and we talked about how lucky we were that we "worked out" because we didn't date for long before we got engaged. I knew him for 8 months before we dated, but on our first date, I had an unmistakable feeling that I was going to marry him! We were engaged 3 months later.
To celebrate our anniversary, Dan took me to The Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant and we had never been before. The food was delicious and it was the perfect place to celebrate a special event. I just about died when Dan pulled out a Zales bag when we were getting out of the car (especially since I only got him a card... Yikes!) He gave me a gorgeous watch with a crystal face and some ruby earrings, since the traditional and modern gifts for 15th anniversaries are a watch, crystal and rubies.
After dinner we went to see the movie "Super 8," which was scary and fun. The next night, which was our actual anniversary, we went to see the Colorado Rapids soccer team play the L.A. Galaxy with our friends, the Mowers. We were all hoping to see David Beckham play, but he was a no-show.
I feel so blessed to be Dan's wife!












2 comments:
Happy Anniversary, Alli and Dan! Dan, where did you get that curly hair? Other than that, you guys are still as beautiful as the day you were married!
Thanks Caroline! Believe it or not, Dan & I both have curly hair, though he keeps his so short and I torture mine straight:)
Post a Comment