The kids had been in school for 3 weeks, then had a whole week off, due to the Labor Day holiday and Assessment testing at school. It was sort of strange, but it was a fun excuse to go play with my favorite kids. Ashlyn had wanted to go to a little café South of Denver called The Crushery that she'd seen featured on her favorite science website: stevespangler.com/ The video is on Steve Spangler's website: HERE. It was a good 25 minutes from the Zoo, so it was a bit of a detour.
The Crushery uses a simple milk, cream, egg and vanilla base then adds the flavors, spices or fruit you'd like, adds liquid nitrogen and mixes it all up in a Kitchen Aid mixer. It took less than 2 minutes to freeze at -321〫F and voilĂ ... Some of the best homemade ice cream I'd ever tasted. The guy who helped us was so sweet to the kids and let them play with the smoke from the nitrogen and explained it all as he was mixing it. Ashlyn ordered raspberry-lime, Corey had lemon and Claire and I had caramel-toffee. Leave it to Ashlyn to lead us on a new adventure to somewhere I'd never go if it weren't for her!
The Crushery uses a simple milk, cream, egg and vanilla base then adds the flavors, spices or fruit you'd like, adds liquid nitrogen and mixes it all up in a Kitchen Aid mixer. It took less than 2 minutes to freeze at -321〫F and voilĂ ... Some of the best homemade ice cream I'd ever tasted. The guy who helped us was so sweet to the kids and let them play with the smoke from the nitrogen and explained it all as he was mixing it. Ashlyn ordered raspberry-lime, Corey had lemon and Claire and I had caramel-toffee. Leave it to Ashlyn to lead us on a new adventure to somewhere I'd never go if it weren't for her!









0 comments:
Post a Comment