Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome back...

We got home from Salt Lake the evening of August 16th and missed Back-to-school night. We went in the next morning and met Ashlyn & Corey's teachers and my first impression was that both teachers were just perfect for them! Ashlyn was so thrilled to have her best friend Rachel in her class and a teacher that plays piano each morning as the kids are coming in. Corey's teacher seems like a good fit for him and has been wonderful for Corey so far. Whew! You never know what you're going to get when going to a new school. I honestly couldn't sleep the night before school started because I was so nervous for them!  Thankfully, Ashlyn & Corey were more confident than me and were looking forward to a new school year. School started BRIGHT & EARLY the morning of August 18th. The tardy bell rings at 7:45 AM...YIKES! It's going to be a big adjustment for us, since we're not morning people and school last year started at 9 AM...
Here are my brave kids on the first day of school...
As I pulled away from the school after dropping Ashlyn & Corey off that morning, I heard Claire crying in the back seat. She's not the only one who's going to miss them!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...