Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spur-of-the-moment-almost-chased-by-police-photoshoot...

Ashlyn has always needed a lot to do to keep her busy and happy. She's never content to just sit. It's been interesting lately what she chooses to do when she has a friend over. Recently, she & a friend unwrapped and broke a bunch of crayons, put them in a small custard dish and melted them into a giant crayon disc. They make up dances, do lip syncs, play piano and create board games. She's also really into science experiments, which is why I have a blown-out eggshell dissolving in vinegar on my kitchen counter right now!

I'm extremely grateful for her new friend Rachel, who lives a few houses away. She's such a sweet and easygoing girl and she & Ashlyn always have fun together. A few weeks ago Rachel was sleeping over and the girls decided they'd like to do a photoshoot. I was game since it's been a while and Dan was gone at Boy Scouts. The girls disappeared and returned in coordinating t-shirts and shorts and we were off. We headed to the entrance to the Anthem Ranch neighborhood because they have a nice waterfall I thought would make a perfect backdrop. When we arrived, there were 2 other small groups taking pictures, but there was plenty of room so I began taking pictures. The sun was setting, so we worked fast. After the others left, we moved over to another spot and I noticed a sign that said, "No trespassing... No climbing on water feature." Ooops! We were almost finished and the kids were standing in front of the waterfall when a cop pulled up and asked us to leave. My heart was racing, but we'd got some great shots. Now every time we drive by, the kids remind me, "Mom, that's where you got in trouble with the police officer." I'd rather remember these fun pictures...
Yes, Ashlyn's shirt says "Only a vampire will be your BFF forever." She got it at a birthday party and she's 10...what can I say?

2 comments:

Aubry said...

The kids are getting so big! I love the pictures!

jennaloha said...

You're right, the lighting was fantastic and the subjects were ideal :) Good work, Alli!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...