Monday, September 27, 2010

Corey-isms...

Corey is seriously the sweetest boy I know. I love how kind and affectionate he is and I feel bad he hasn't made any close friends yet at his new school. We do have a playdate set up for this week, which he's so excited about. Poor boy is around mostly girls at our house and I know it frustrates him sometimes. He & Claire play well together, since she'd rather play with Legos and roughhouse with him than do girly things anyway! He's said some really funny things lately:
  •  Today he was unloading his backpack after school and asked me:  "Mom, did you know that female Monarch butterflies release a smell so the males know where they are?"  Me: "Really?"  Corey: "Yeah, but you and Dad just have cell phones."
  • Last week I got a call from the school nurse about an hour before school was out. She said he had a fever. I went to get him and he said, "Mom, I have a fever, but I'm also just sick of school."
  • Ashlyn was teasing Corey and he blurted out: "Ashlyn, stop tolerating me."  I think he meant "irritating!"
I'm incredibly grateful to have a boy and am sad Corey's only brother is not around to do boy things with him. It would've been so nice to have 2 girls and 2 boys... We sure tried! I hope I'm raising Corey to be a thoughtful and sweet son that will make his brother proud:-)

1 comments:

shell said...

I have no doubt you are the absolute best one for the job Alli - too bad we cannot figure out how to live closer - I think he and Ben are kindred spirits.
Luv ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...