Friday, September 10, 2010

Home to Colorado...



Sunday we went to church, then the whole family came over to my parents' for dinner. My Mom always amazes me.  It seems effortless for her to entertain and feed such a large group... all 27 of us, since my Grammy came too!

I can only hope to age like Grammy. At age 91, she still lives at home, drives a new RED Lexus, goes to Book Club, and does the accounting for my Dad's business. She didn't have a cavity until she was a Grandma and she's so feisty... All 5 feet of her! 

I would love to spend more time with both of my Grandmothers. I know our time is precious and that they won't be around forever. I feel blessed that my kids all know them and I'm so sad we didn't make it to Provo to see my Nana before we left. 
Sunday night, my parents went to their Ward Prayer (my Dad's in the Bishopric of a U of U singles ward) so Brooke and C.J. stayed and helped me clean up and put my kids to bed. Every time I'm around Brooke, I like her even more. She is such an incredible girl and we are very lucky to have her in our family!
Monday August 16th I woke up and finished packing to go home to Colorado. That still sounds strange... "home to Colorado." Home has been so many places for us and I'm still getting used to thinking that is home for now. We met my family at Bajio's for lunch and Natalie gave Corey a haircut (thanks Nats!!!) before we headed to the airport for our 4 PM flight.
 It was a fun and exhausting week and I knew I had to gear myself up for the kids to start school a day later! It's hard to believe that summer's over!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...