Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our binkie dilemma...


I absolutely love being able to stay home with Claire. She's good company and keeps me laughing. I took her to the pediatrician for her 2 year checkup and shots last week and her doctor said those words I've been dreading...
"It's time to get her off the pacifier."

I've known this day was coming, and she only gets her binkie at nap or bedtime, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give it up! It's just so easy to lay her in her crib and she falls asleep on her own. She LOVES her "be-be" and I love how it instantly calms her and puts her in the mood to sleep. I've heard of people cutting the ends off their children's binkies and my sister Lisa left her daughter's binkie for the "Binkie Fairy." This weekend, we are jumping in and getting rid of all them. Now that I've typed it, I am ready to actually do it   (I think!!!) Has anyone else had this problem?  Any advice?


See my pretty teeth? If I keep using my binkie, I might end up with buck teeth!

4 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

We "broke" all of the twins' binkies by cutting the tips, like you said... I cut them, then just gave them to the twins like I normally would. They didn't want them anymore because they were all broken. Easy as pie. At least looking back on it I think it was easy. I'm sure we had a few ugly days.

Alli grins said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Katie! I hope my "selective Mamma memory" will forget how hard this is going to be in a few years too:-) Tomorrow is the day we *snip* snip* snip* all the binkies! I still can't imagine having twins like you. One is tough enough!

Leah said...

Man, I don't think that if I snipped the ends off of avery's binky that that would even stop her! Love those pics of Claire, she is such a cutie!!

Alli grins said...

Leah- I had that concern too, so I seriously cut most of the binkie off. It left her nothing to suck on and she has accepted it much better than I thought she would. She hasn't even asked for it in 3 days now. Good luck with Avery! I think the "Binkie Fairy" is a great idea, especially since she would understand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...