Sunday, October 25, 2009

30 Meal plan...

I seriously think I have AD/HD. Really. I have so many ideas running around in my head and I have lots of energy (usually only after about 9 PM, but it lasts all night if Dan doesn't make me go to bed). I do have quite a few half-finished or un-started craft projects in my office right now that I am publicly committing to finish.....SOON. Super Saturday from last year, anyone???

I am on such a craft kick lately. You'd think that after surviving the recent Relief Society Holiday Craft Night that I helped organize, I might need a break from my glue gun, but NO. I have to get most of my Christmas gifts ready before Thanksgiving this year, so I am working hard on some Christmas craft projects, gifts and organizing my home. I think that homemade gifts are thoughtful and personal. I sure hope my gift recipients agree! One project that I LOVE and thought I'd share is the "30 Meal Plan" by some great chicks at Nannygoat. It's so practical and after the chaos of actually doing it, I think it will make my life much easier! I think I will actually have a tough time narrowing it down to just 30 favorite dinner recipes. Yes, that's probably another sign of my self-diagnosed AD/HD...I rarely make the same thing twice. My poor kids and husband are good sports to let me experiment with my cooking! Here's the link to the "30 Meal plan" post and my favorite fall quick bread recipe for my Mom's PUMPKIN COCONUT BREAD that I made last week:  http://littlenannygoat.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-heck-it-30-meal-plan.html

Title: PUMPKIN COCONUT BREAD
Description:
Moist bread that is almost better cold a few days after you make it.

Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin
5 eggs
1 1/3 cups oil
2 cups flour 
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp soda
2 (3oz.) pkgs of coconut pudding (regular COOK type, not instant)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
Combine pumpkin, sugar and eggs and beat well.  Beat in dry ingredients.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into 2 well-greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
Number Of Servings: 2 loaves

2 comments:

Ali said...

Hey girl, I haven't checked out this link, but about a year or so I made up a list of 45 dinners. 30 days wasn't enough, it still seemed like we were eating the same things over & over again, but adding a coule more weeks took care of that. It is wonderful because you never have to wonder, hmmm, what should I make for dinner tonight AND saves you quite a bit of money at the grocery store. It's definitely a good thing.

PS. That Pumpkin Bread sounds yummy!

Adrienne said...

Wow....I'm pretty sure I reuse the same 6-7 recipes over and over, it's a miracle we all aren't slowly dying of malnutrition over here. Some day I'll get the cooking thing together. 30 day meal plan sounds awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...