Okay, so we did it....We cut the ends off Claire's binkies and told her they were broken. She was so concerned and kept looking at it and saying "be-be" in the saddest little voice. Dan explained to her that it was broken. To our surprise, she just threw it in the garbage and wanted to go to read a bedtime book. I gave Claire Ashlyn's favorite Glowworm from when she was a baby for comfort. Dan & I both gave her kisses and closed the door, expecting her to cry but she never did. Whew!
I have really been dreading this, but tonight wasn't bad. I suppose the real test will be naptime tomorrow afternoon! Thanks to those who offered advice and support!







6 comments:
I'm glad that it was simple for you. I love when those things turn out not to be a big deal.
Yay Claire! Yay Alli and Dan! You're all champs :). Way to go.
I am so jealous! I am also embarrassed to admit that Avery still has a binky at night. She turns 3 on Friday and that is MY LIMIT! I have told her that the binky fairy is going to come in the night and swap her binky for a present on her 3rd birthday. (I don't think it's gonna work) So nap time is probably going to be long gone once I do this. Sigh, the joys of parenting! Go Claire!
Hey sista, it was great to chat w/ you last night! Let me know how everything goes. I'm sure it will all work out. You go girl on the binkie thing! It was easier to get Isa off the binkie than I thought it would be too, go figure! Our babies are getting so big!
Hugs!
She is so precious! What a good sport. You know I still can't give up my blankie! Claire is a better woman than I. Good job Alli
I am so proud of you and so thrilled that Claire is making something easier for you. We have limited Noah's binki to the the crib, but I still haven't had the heart to get rid of it completely. You are giving me inspiration!
Post a Comment