(Above): Ken and Linda
Corey, Ashlyn and Fantasia all got to drive the boat. After our boat ride, we headed out to the parking lot, where there was another herd of elk just sleeping in the sun! It was crazy to see them so comfortable around people!
Okay, so in retrospect, taking these pictures so close to a large herd of wild elk that are almost in rutting season may not have been the brightest idea! They looked so peaceful and sleepy, but that little fence would not have protected us at all if one of them decided to attack us. We snapped a few pictures, then backed up to watch them from a safer distance.
(Above): Ken, Sky and Fantasia with the bull elk...
In the meantime, some other people thought they'd get a little closer and walked right up to them. We were just waiting for the bull elk to decide he didn't like that and use his amazing rack on them! I've seen one too many episodes of "When Animals Attack."
After all of our elk watching, we headed into town to check out some of the little shops and to get some ice cream. Ashlyn and Fantasia hit it off so well that we invited her to come sleep over at our house that night. Ken and Sky met us the next morning and came to Ashlyn's volleyball game with us.









7 comments:
Hey Sista, glad to see you are settling in and keeping busy. The pics are amazing - looks like so much FUN!
How fun! We have friends in Estes Park, it reminds me a lot of Jackson Hole! Glad to see you guys are doing well in your new home!
Ok, those elk are amazing. How fun!
I love Corey's art, especially the elk. I'll bet it does look like that from his height looking up. It reminds me of when you really got into drawing and art and I could barely draw a stick figure. Still can't! Obviously, Corey got your eye.
My parents have a time shares in Estes Park Colorado. NOw I know what it is. HMMM maybe we should plan a trip.
Amy- I think my art "talent" hasn't progressed since 5th grade. To this day, I'm most comfortable drawing stick figures:-) Stacy- really, you're parents have a time share in Estes Park? You'll have to get in on that one and we'll come visit!
Ken and Linda look so good! I haven't seen them in such a long time. I'm glad you guys live near Ken. I bet he loves having you guys there too!
Post a Comment