Last weekend, Ashlyn was invited to a "Witch's Tea" at the home of a girl in her school class. She was so thrilled to be included! We bought an adult's witch costume and altered it to fit, since the kids' sizes were too small. Does this officially make Ashlyn a "tween?"
I've worried so much about our kids adjusting, but they always seem to make friends quickly. We still haven't had anyone over to play, besides neighbors and poor Corey really hasn't had a friend to play in the 4 months since we've lived here. Our church situation remains frustrating, since there are so few kids in our ward and we live so far from everyone. I miss having the kids' friends in and out of the house like we did in Arizona. I don't have friends here call me to chat and I feel lonely. There are no birthday parties... no play dates. I'm complaining much more than the kids are, but I keep waiting for something to happen!
In my defense, we attend all the church activities and I've encouraged the kids to invite some kids from school over to play. I've tried to make friends at the park and the library with Claire and I'm attending Book Club with some women from my ward. Life is just so much slower-paced than I was used to. The good news is that my laundry is usually done and my home is often very clean. I'm grateful to have connected with some old friends that live here in Colorado recently, glad that Dan's brother and sister are not far and overjoyed that Dan is almost always home in time for dinner.
I just miss my phone ringing...








6 comments:
Alli,
I have never moved with my family, so I can't even imagine how hard it must be to start all over again. I feel like it took me at least 1 year to finally make friends in the ward we are in now. It's not always easy to break into an already-formed circle of friends. Sorry to hear it's been such a hard move! Life as a mommy is hard enough without a social support system of friends and neighbors. I don't know how I could survive without mine! I love reading your blog and i think where you live is beautiful!!! I can tell you do so much for your kids! I've never met anyone who enjoys being a Mom (all of its moments) than you and your sisters. You ladies were just cut out for it--like your mom. I admire that in all of you!
Thinking of you! I'm sorry you're feeling lonely! I know when we moved here, i was so worried about the kids, but they were fine, it was me that had the hardest time. Hang in there! All your Castaic friends are only a phone call away!
:)
I'm so sorry Alli. You guys were so busy and so involved here that it would be a hard adjustment. I need to find your phone number in my email and give you a call :)
I so hear you!!! I need your phone number, because I'm often lonely down here too :( We moved down here 16 months ago or so, and we have been in 3 wards, makes it hard to find friends. We switched wards after 10 months because we moved, and then they realigned our stake boundaries a month ago, which put us in a whole new ward. I was talking to one of the few friends I have down here the other day, and I said "I just don't feel like I fit in here." Sadly she said, "Neither do I, and I grew up here..." Email me your phone number, and I'll call and chat with ya!!!
I am so sad to read this and hear how lonely and frustrated you are. You are the most positive and optimistic person that I know, so I am sure that things are pretty bad to cause you to have a "pity party." We love you, miss you, and keep you constantly in our prayers. We are counting down the days until December and the weeks that we will have to play. Hang in there and know that you always have family and friends who love and support you no matter where you are.
Yes, that officially makes Ashlyn a tween and it won't get better (finding clothes) anytime soon.
The solution to the loneliness & friend dilemna is simple, move back here.
And I'll be calling you again this week to chat. Especially since Dan is in Denmark. I need to talk to you about that before he comes home!
Love you sista!
Post a Comment