For me, the biggest blessing of moving around so much is enlarging our circle of friends. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a huge benefit too, because we have instant friends and a support system when we move to a new area. I feel like I'm fairly good at staying in touch with friends we've moved away from, but there are always some that will be friends for life, not matter what. During Spring Break we enjoyed catching up with the Scoresbys, who lived in Las Vegas when we did back in 2001-2002. They moved to Maricopa, AZ just after we left Vegas for California. 4 years later we ended up in Arizona too and though we live less than an hour away, we don't see each other as much as I'd like.
Jenna is such a great example to me. She has a quick sense of humor, she's an amazing mother, she's endlessly creative and she's so fun and spontaneous. I was telling her that I'll always remember the morning in Las Vegas when she called me around 7 AM and invited me over for pancakes. I would love to be more like that!
Our kids were so little when we lived in Vegas, so it's always fun to get together and watch them pick up where they left off. I posted a pictures of the day we moved in 2002, one from 2006 and one of Ashlyn and Claire Scoresby at Tumbleweed Park from a few weeks ago. We've always loved the name Claire, obviously:-) It's hard to believe our babies are so grown up!








2 comments:
That's very sweet, Alli, and means a lot to me. Thank you.
About that middle picture: what's with that dirty mug? Someone needs to do a little photoshop magic. I'm obviously not that amazing of a mother if I let my daughter gets photographed with such a gross face :)
Jenna: I love that picture...chocolate on their faces and all! Ok, just for you, I went back and added the "after eating chocolate popsicles" part in the caption. It wouldn't be the same without their chocolate mustaches!
Post a Comment