Sunday, March 1, 2009

Giving volleyball a try...

Ashlyn's played soccer almost non-stop since she was 4, so we were surprised when she said she wanted to try a new sport...
volleyball! Both my sister and Dan's sister played in college, so they were both thrilled she wanted to give it a try. Dan even volunteered to be her coach!

It's a quick season with only 6 games, so they had to learn FAST! Her team is Grades 3-5 and it's all about the serve since there are no sideouts. The first games were a bit rough, but they have won almost all their games and are able to rally a bit more now. They've made so much progress from week to week. I'm sure Ashlyn will be tall, so maybe this will be her sport? Just this past Saturday at Corey's game she asked if she can still play soccer when volleyball's over, but I love that she'll try new things. I'm proud of how well she's done so far and I love seeing her with Dan.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

I loved the picture of Clair by herself and then with Ashlyn at the soccer game--how cute! I am so envious of the warm weather you are enjoying right now. We tried soccer with Eliza last year, but found out she is lazy and all she wanted was a drink and her treat. We decided to wait awhile before we let her do that again. It looks like you have all been up to a lot of fun!

Alli grins said...

Thanks Becky! We did have "picking dandelions" time during Ashlyn & Corey's first years of soccer when they were about 4 too. It's fun to see the "switch" turn on, when they really want to go after the ball. With your athletic talent, I'd be surprised if your kids don't get that too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...