At the gym a few months ago, my good friend Katie was teasing me a bit that I always rave about my kids & husband on my blog. She wondered if it's constant sunshine and happiness at our house. Well, yes, it is, for the most part;-) We sure have our fair share of difficulties, trials and contention. Kids fight...Messes are made...Momma gets tired of cleaning up...Dad's frustrated at work...Laundry's piling up...There's never enough time...
We have plenty of "OH NO" moments!
I guess I'm generally impossibly optimistic. I try to laugh so I don't cry! Most of you know by now that Dan's company has been struggling and that we went a couple months without pay (at Christmas, during the beginning of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression)! I worried that we'd have to move yet again and how much longer we could keep using our savings to pay for our mortgage and bills. It's been very scary! Through all of this, my family has been my rock and my safe place. Things are, thankfully, looking much better recently!
So.....to keep it FUN, I'm posting my favorite picture of a "messy moment" at our home, and I want to see yours!
*Post your favorite picture of you, your husband or your kids misbehaving, making a mess or being naughty on your blog! Tag some friends and of course, leave me a comment here so I can see your pictures! I can't wait to see your "OH NO" moments...

<------ Ok, so maybe your kids have colored on YOUR walls with crayon before. These are pictures I took in California after my 3 year old Corey colored on MY FRIEND'S WALLS while she was cutting my hair! She has a salon in her home and often asked if I could bring Corey to play with her son while she did my hair. Maybe you can imagine my SHOCK when I saw that Corey had colored all over himself, his clothes and my friend's playroom in BLUE MARKER! I was mortified! By some miracle, Pine Sol and lots of scrubbing took the marker off of her walls. Thank goodness it wasn't permanent marker. I had to snap some pictures of my little trouble-maker before cleaning him up!







13 comments:
Wait I do not see any pix in your post!
Okay so check out my blog in about an hour and you can see my oh no moment. I have quite a few.
Daleen-
WEIRD! I published and the pictures were there. I saw your comment and checked and they were gone. Not sure what happened? Here they are now....
Thanks a lot, Alli. These are moments that, like my most embarrassing ones, I have blocked. But I think I can find a picture to remind me of some great OOPS moments at my house.
Amy
So funny. And to think at a friends house. I would be mortified! I just posted mine on our site too.
I've read the book for book club and passed it next door to Katie. I also bought the next one and read it too. They were such fast, easy reads. Just the kind I like.
Sister, ok, two things... one, I am glad to hear I am not the only one who has random weird issues when blogging (such as photos disappearing and formatting mysteries, lol). second, I will try to catch the very next oh no moment. Problem is, I'm usually in such a hurry to fix it or clean it up that I don't often take time to the find the camera (which is usually a hunt because my kids have become the alpha and omega owners of the camera while I have been demoted to, I dunno, probaly Theta or Upsilon! lol)
Ali,
I wish I was always as optimistic as you! We have had plenty of OH NO moments at my home, and I wish I would have taken pictures of all of them, but I do have a few saved for generations to view. I will post them on my blog when I get a chance. Thanks!
That's hilarious! I could only imagine...Joseph's little buddy was playing over at our house. The boys for Christmas got a 4-wheeler and it was downstairs. (Just the battery kind) Well smart little Hunter hooked up the battery and their friend Nolan drove it into the wall. His mom was quite surprised when I told her laughing. I should've took a picture!!!
Alli,
I looked but I haven't taken any "oh no" pictures of Mikey yet. It's not that he doesn't get in trouble, but that I am too busy fishing my iPhone out of the toilet or stopping him before he breaks all of the buttons off my computer (there are 4 missing now) to think about taking a picture. I will definitely work on it. He's only 17 months so I'm sure I have plenty of "oh no" moments to come.
That's why I love you; the eternal optimist and hopeful romantic. I have lots of those moments too and I will participate in this tag let me find some pics.
love ya see you tomorrow babycakes
You're so awesome Alli! Your optimism is one of the reasons I feel so drawn to you even though I don't know you all that well. It's contagious and makes you such a lovable person to associate with. Dan is so blessed to have you as his companion!
Love the marker photos of Corey! I'll have to look through our photos and find some other ones of my girls. Thanks for tagging me!
What a cute picture of Corey! I've posted my "Oh No" moment if you want to take a look!
Haha, it is such a relief to see that I do not have the only child who colors on walls, furniture, herself, EVERYTHING!! Is there hope that this phase will stop??!! Such a cute post!
Post a Comment