Monday, March 9, 2009

Polar Ice

Saturday after soccer & volleyball games, Ashlyn, Corey & I headed to Polar Ice for ice skating that was sponsored by Ashlyn's Orthodontist, Rollins & Petersen. I hadn't been ice skating since my very first date with Dan over 13 years ago and the kids had never been. Ashlyn was pretty adventurous, but Corey was frozen in place the second he nervously stepped onto the ice. He soon learned that by staying close to the outside edge of the rink, he could move forward with confidence. The little stink didn't want any help, so Ashlyn & I lapped him a few times before he decided to venture away from the side with us. Ashlyn made some new friends and was soon skating around with them. We skated for an hour and made some progress, then headed outside to thaw out in the Arizona sun and enjoy some snow cones!

1 comments:

corinne said...

Oh how I wish I was enjoying snow cones now...now I am just wishing the real snow would just go away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...