On Saturday my mother-in-law treated the girls to The Nutcracker! None of us had ever been to Ballet Arizona's version in Phoenix and we were excited to have a girls day out! We met at Lucille's in Tempe for lunch first, where Linda gave Ashlyn & Riley beautiful Nutcracker ornaments.
It's always entertaining to see the Nutcracker with kids. They are fascinated with the toe shoes, the men in tights, the fairies and the fight scenes. Ashlyn & Riley both commented that the sugar plum fairies were "naked on top." With sheer, sparkly leotards, it really did appear that that way! Ashlyn & I both learned that Grandma had danced on toe shoes just like Aunt Holly!
It was a great afternoon and I have to say a huge thanks to my in-laws... to Linda for the tickets and a fun day and to my father-in-law Allen, who came out and watched Corey & Claire for the day because Dan was still at Youth Conference! Ashlyn was so exhausted on the way home that she fell asleep. We were talking, then suddenly it was quiet. I took this picture while stopped at a stoplight. Maybe she's dreaming of Nutcrackers and fairies....







2 comments:
How FUN! A little elf is coming to your house tonight to drop off some goodies! ;)
What a fun thing to do--you have an awesome mom-in-law!! I love all the things you guys have been doing together. That's what this season is all about-FAMILY & you have done such fun things together. Your blog is so cute--it's snowing!! on your blog (I'm sure you already know that)
Post a Comment