I've really enjoyed doing Art Masterpiece for Ashlyn's class again this year! It's a program where parents volunteer once a month to teach the kids about an artist and then we do an art project based on their most famous work. The first week in December, I taught about "The Scream" by Edvard Munch. He had a very sad and tragic life (as so many of the famous classic artists did!) and it was interesting to choose what to tell them about him and what was better left unsaid! I had the kids each pick an emotion and do a painting based on what made them feel that particular emotion. It was incredible to see what the kids painted! They are so creative and this project really turned out well. I'm including photos of Lacey & Ethan from our ward and of Ashlyn's artwork...
(Above, left): Lacey feels hypnotized by the TV!
(Above, right): Ethan feels strong when he plays.
(Above): Ashlyn feels astonished at what she can accomplish!







1 comments:
I taught this to Emma's class when she was in Kindergarten in SLC it was awesome!
Post a Comment