Sunday, November 2, 2008

Survived my first class party...whew!

Halloween day I put on a FALL party for Ashlyn's class. Her teacher let me know about 3 weeks ago that we couldn't have anything to do with Halloween, so it was all about Fall.....Heaven knows, we wouldn't want to offend the witches!?! I'd planned and worried, but it all came together for the party.  We had 7 parents volunteer that day and plenty of food, decorations and prizes donated.  I'm not going to post pictures of the class, but I got some great group shots. We played "Pass the Pumpkin" (like hot potato), made scary hands made from latex gloves stuffed with popcorn, frosted sugar cookies, had Guess How Many Candy Corns & Guess the Pumpkin's Weight contests, played "Pin the Stem on the Pumpkin" and Autumn Bingo.....all in an hour and 15 minutes! Some moments it seemed like craziness but after we cleaned up all the popcorn, frosting and sprinkles, all I saw was smiling (hopped up on SUGAR) kids. The best part was Ashlyn's huge hug and declaration that, "It was the best party ever, Mom!" 
Now I get to start planning the WINTER party:-)

1 comments:

Hillary Luke said...

Hey we'll have to swap ideas.
I'm in charge of Hunters parties. Although I'm sure we can celebrate Christmas. Have you ever played Don't eat Pete? My mom made a really cute Christmas one up. (If they let you have elvish drawings...) We know how you feel with the election.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...