Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I feel like I just stole a turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I’ve been sick for the last couple of days and I’m still not feeling great but yesterday I finally went out on the hunt for my Thanksgiving turkey. Most of the grocery stores here are having price wars, which is great for all of us! I walked into Fry’s expecting to pay 59 cents a pound for a turkey, but they had dropped their price to only 39 cents a pound! I’m hosting Dan’s family for Thanksgiving, so I thought I’d get a big bird to feed all 16 of us.  I couldn’t believe it when I came home with a 24 pound turkey for only $9.39!!! Today I went back and bought another to stick in my freezer.  I can hardly wait!   

1 comments:

Everyday Moments said...

Oh Alli, I must say that you did GREAT on your turkey shopping. Hooray! Also, I made the pumpkin pudding cake for an event on Sunday. Not a crumb was left. Yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...