It's been a tough weekend for Dan's sweet cousin Emily, who lost her husband to cancer on Saturday afternoon. Because of the kids' soccer games, we arrived at the hospital about a half hour after Jeff had passed away. This is his second battle with cancer and he had been through so much. Being with Emily and Jeff's family this weekend has truly changed my life. I was so impressed that Emily expressed the love and peace that only Heavenly Father can give in the face of such a loss. My heart is breaking for her and for her 2 children. Emily is so strong and has so much faith. We talked on Thursday night about my favorite scripture:
- John 14:27..."Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
I marvel that it's possibe to feel peace even when the world seems to be falling apart around you. Emily, we love you and are praying for your family. Because of you, I feel strengthened and will love my husband and children even more today.







4 comments:
Ali I am sad to hear that. It is such a tough time, but at the same time it is the time you feel the closest to your heavenly father. You can feel him help you do things you would not usually be able to do on your own. Best wishes.
Shelley told me about your conversation that you had with Emily. It made us feel better to know how peaceful everything seems to be for them. I hope the peace continues to fill their hearts. I wish we could be down there to help more.
Oh Alli, I'm so sorry to hear. I meant to ask you the other day when I saw you, but you were in a hurry. My heart goes out to your cousinsIL too. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, dinners or anything. You mentioned her ward was preoccupied with another tragedy. Hugs, hugs and more hugs sister!
It was wonderful to see you at the funeral, Alli. The funeral was one of the most difficult ones I have ever been to...yet it was also one of the sweetest funerals I have attended! Our lives have been blessed because of Emily and Jeff!
Post a Comment