So, it's 12:30 AM and after tossing and turning in bed for almost an hour, I'm sitting in front of my computer trying to quiet my thoughts so I can sleep. My mind is going over some events from this past week that have really shaken me.
On Saturday, I attended the fueral for the Jeff, who is Dan's cousin's husband. I adore his cousin Emily and am so glad we've become friends since we moved to Arizona. Jeff's funeral was both heartbreaking and uplifting, which are two emotions that are hard to reconcile. Both my kids had soccer games at the same time and Dan had to coach, so I went with Claire to represent our family. We had all attended the viewing together the night before. At the funeral, Claire did well in the nursery (!) and I sat with Dan's parents and his Aunt Debbie. Here I go again...I'm crying just thinking about it. Emily was amazing and brave throughout this whole experience. I really enjoyed hearing all the funny stories about Jeff as his family and friends remembered him. The most memorable moment for me was when their 5 year old son sang "I Am a Child of God" a capella. It was the sweetest thing. Everything was handled so beautifully. This picture is from the funeral program of Jeff and Emily wearing their "Livestrong" bracelets. Emily, I love you and am here for you when you need me. We are praying for you & your kids.
Thank you for showing us all that families are truly forever...❤







4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this Alli. What an incredibly difficult thing to have happen. I love the picture on the front of the program. That says it all.
Carla
I am tearing up just reading this. What a great loss. But only for this life...Thank you for sharing!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. What an amazing program cover
I'm sorry for you family's loss. That would be hard to get some sleep from. You are one of the sweetest people I know and hopefully she knows that. You are such a great friend. I know you'll be there to help her when you can. Beautiful program cover.
Post a Comment