Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nanny comes to visit!

We were so blessed to have my Mom come stay with us from Oct. 20-24th. I had been feeling particularly homesick and having her visit really recharged me and made me feel connected again. 

Until the weekend, it was business as usual, with kids in school and homework and such. On Saturday, Ashlyn and Corey both had soccer games, in 2 separate cities, and just an hour apart, so my Mom, Claire and I went to Ashlyn's game in Denver and Dan and Corey went to their game in Thornton. Ashlyn's game was at my favorite field in the Cherry Creek neighborhood. She played a team they'd played twice before and had recently beat in the CYS Tournament. Unfortunately, they had their first loss of the season, 0-1. I was still glad my Mom could see Ashlyn play. We drove right to Corey's game and saw the last 5 minutes. 
After soccer we headed to Anderson Farms in Erie. Dan had never been before and the last time the kids and I went was in 2009 with Ken and Sky, before Ken passed away. Anderson Farms is huge and they have an incredible corn maze...
I'm always amazed at how tall the corn stalks are. They make me feel short! We followed the guided tour card for a while with the kids in the corn maze. There are little check-in stations with unique hole punches at each. Ashlyn wanted to complete the whole maze and Corey and Claire were ready to move on, so Dan stayed with Ashlyn.
My Mom and the younger 2 headed to the kids' section. Corey ran across the hay maze for what seemed like all afternoon and he seemed absolutely content. Claire did the toddler maze several times, climbed through the wooden train and all over the huge tires. Ashlyn and Dan joined us when they had finished the corn maze and Ashlyn practiced roping a wooden calf with a rope while Corey and Claire rode horses...
Saturday night we went for pizza and bowling at Fat Cat's. It was obvious we hadn't bowled for a while, because half way through our game, Claire was in the lead! (In our defense, the kids had bumpers!) I just had my cell phone, so these pictures aren't great, but we did have a great time with my Mom...
I was dreading having my Mom leave! I just miss her so much and I'm sad we don't live closer. It was so great to have her here and to get to spend time with her. She always says we shouldn't end one trip without planning our next and I'm glad we get to see her again over the holidays! I seriously have the best Mom on the planet!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

She is the best Mom on the planet hands down, we are lucky :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...