I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Halloween! The funny thing is that as a child, I'm not sure I loved it quite as much as I do now. I always loved dressing up and being someone completely different for the night. I did have a birthday party in 8th grade where I had everyone come dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grew up and I had many How To Host a Murder Parties.
It also helps that my favorite season is Fall. I love dressing my kids up, decorating the house, the cooler weather, changing leaves and just the feeling of it all. I've wanted to host an Adult Halloween party for years and this year, I finally did it. Who says kids get to have all the fun?
The toughest part was not having enough room for the 120 people I originally had on my guest list! We ended up paring it down to 44, which completely filled up our house and then some! Dan & I moved out all of the furniture in our living room and replaced it with tables and chairs. I had everyone bring either a crockpot of soup or a dessert and I did the rolls and drinks. It was a riot to see everyone's costumes!
We had dinner, then played "Who Am I," where everyone had to guess the celebrity's name taped on their back by asking yes or no questions. We also played Doughnut-On-a-String and we played a couples game that involved popping a balloon with no hands!
I really enjoyed the party and hope everyone there did as well. At the end of the night, Dan and I talked about what great friends we have here. We feel very blessed:)












0 comments:
Post a Comment