Monday, May 30, 2011

Soccer is kicking my behind:)

I still can't believe it, but for the past 3 weeks, I've been playing on an indoor ladies' soccer team! I'm playing on a Rec team with a few friends from church who either played in high school or have always wanted to try. It was supposed to be a "beginners' league" but they didn't have enough beginner teams sign up, so we were thrown into the advanced league...... GULP! The guy that runs the program has agreed to coach us, so we have a game and a practice every week for the next 6 weeks. There have been moments when I've wondered "who am I kidding???" and others when I've felt absolutely fired up about the way I'm playing. I can tell you that this is the best workout I've ever had and I am really having fun.
I grew up watching my 3 youngest siblings play a LOT of soccer. My sister Monica plays indoor and outdoor soccer and played competitively until her 10th concussion. I am in complete AWE of her now! 
Here's our little team. I enjoy playing with these ladies and am so glad for the experience:)

5 comments:

Blanck said...

wow Alli I am so impressed. Sounds like so much fun! You rock or should I say "kick" butt.

Melinda said...

Good for you Alli!! You are right, it's a great work out and it gets you in shape REAL quick! I play on a indoor coed rec and it's tough, but I love it! Keep on going!!

Alli grins said...

Wow, Melinda... You play co-ed? There's a co-ed team that plays right after us and those girls are fierce to play with the boys! I lost my big toenail at practice last night after a big kick... Ouch!

Annette said...

You look like a natural soccer player. I've heard amazing reports about your abilities!

Alli grins said...

Ha! Annette, I'm just trying to keep up and pretend I know what I'm doing, but I'm having a great time. Any chance I can talk you into playing with us? We need some subs for a few upcoming games and I know you're lightning-fast:) You could just consider it conditioning for your races!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...