Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter: 2011

I love Easter, especially when it comes with Spring weather, tulips and new green grass, buds and leaves. It's amazing to watch everything turn from yellow or brown to bright and green in a matter of weeks. This year Ashlyn's friend Kaylee helped us dye Easter eggs. I always love how involved Dan is in the whole process! This year we had a foil egg kit. Dan had perfected the technique and all the kids wanted his expertise. I served dessert and took pictures:)
Claire was in a very silly mood that night!



The day before Easter, I took Corey & Claire to an Easter Egg hunt at The Butterfly Pavilion. (Ashlyn had a volleyball clinic that morning) They braved the chilly weather to hunt for a few eggs and to get their picture taken with the Grasshopper (who did you expect, the Easter Bunny?) Then we went inside to do some crafts and see the butterflies. 


Easter morning is one of my favorite times of the year! Claire was so excited to find her basket. That Easter Bunny was tricky this year, because it took the kids a long time to find their baskets and eggs! 
Right after church, we took some pictures of everyone in our backyard. It was still chilly, but at least it wasn't raining!
For Easter dinner, we were so glad to have Dan's sister Christa join us. Ashlyn LOVED playing piano with her as I finished getting dinner ready. I am so happy we live near Christa now so we can get to know her better!
I couldn't help thinking that Ken had Easter dinner with us last year. I thought about him all day on Easter and how I'm so grateful for Christ's atonement so that families can be forever. It gives me hope...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...