I'm beginning to think that I might start bubble-wrapping Corey! He's just so active that he's always getting hurt. May 2nd was one of those days...
The kids had school off and it was a Monday. We'd had a good day around home and Ashlyn had a friend over. I had just taken the laundry upstairs to put it away when I heard Corey scream. You know how sometimes a scream is just different? It's a noise that tells a Mom that her child is really hurt, and that's how it was. Corey ran upstairs and when I looked at him, there was a lot of blood. I couldn't even tell where it was coming from, but his mouth and face were all bloody. I noticed blood was gushing from his chin and that's when I saw he'd split his chin open. He'd also bit his lip in 2 places.
I called Dan and Corey and I headed to the same Emergency Room we'd been to 3 weeks earlier when Dan dislocated his finger! It turns out that Corey had our bird on a perch that was sitting on the kitchen counter. Corey was bouncing up and down and talking to the bird and Corey had bonked his chin on the counter! He was a champ when the doctor stitched his chin closed with 5 stitches. The cut was all the way down to the bone, but thankfully, it's healed nicely. I even took the stitches out by myself.
So, we're hoping that our bad luck doesn't run in 3's, as they say (especially now that I'm playing soccer)! We've certainly had our fill of ERs and have now met our insurance deductible for the year.








0 comments:
Post a Comment