Last week I volunteered to chaperone a group of kids from Ashlyn's school class on a field trip to the lake by the school. I had permission to bring Claire with me. The weather was DIVINE... mid-70s and not a cloud in the sky. It's hard to believe we had such beautiful weather in November!
Ashlyn's teacher gave us a kit to collect bugs, leaves, seed pods, soil and water samples on our nature walk. The kids were to also sit quietly alone for 10 minutes and observe the wildlife around them. We found a perfect spot with some fallen trees...
I was lucky to have Ashlyn and her best friends Rachel and Kaylee in my group. I'm so glad Ashlyn has such good friends here. I love this picture of them walking together by the lake...
Rachel's Mom Michelle texted me about half way through our walk and she came to join us for the second half, which was a bonus! She took this picture of Ashlyn & me by the lake. I was glad to be able to help. I feel so guilty that I don't volunteer more, but my first priority is to Claire when she's home with me. I did the same for Ashlyn and Corey. It's fun to show up at school and have my kids run up and hug me an introduce me to their friends. I'll enjoy every second of that...while it lasts:-)













0 comments:
Post a Comment