Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ashlyn's 10!

I can't believe that Ashlyn is 10! It seemed like a big milestone to me when she hit double digits. We were going to be in Salt Lake for her birthday, so we celebrated with our family on Sunday, August 8th with her favorite dinner (Sweet Pork Burritos, corn on the cob and Oreo ice cream cake for dessert...With a trick candle that was very entertaining). 

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better oldest child than Ashlyn. It's really fun to watch her turn into a young woman full of confidence, quirkiness and creativity. She's constantly surprising me, the way she thinks and tackles new challenges with enthusiasm. I'm grateful for the example she is to her younger brother and sister. I expect a lot of her because she's capable of so much, but I hope she always knows how proud I am of her. Happy birthday, Ashlyn! We love you more than you'll ever know!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Can't believe she is 10 already. Happy Birthday Smash!!!

The Curtis Family said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! Did she cut her hair? Love these pics, but I could do without the U of PU shirt LOL.

Hoskins Family said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!

Alli grins said...

Thanks for the good wishes, all! Katie, I forget how confrontational all you BYU fans are;-) Remember, a lot of our prophets have graduated from the U of U! I guess we can just agree to disagree on this matter, my friend! Still love ya! P.S. No, Ashlyn's hair is still long. I guess it's just behind her back in these pictures...

Lizzie said...

Alli, we were 10 when we first became friends. Can you believe that our kids are that same age? I'm so glad that we're still friends.

Alli grins said...

Amy, I can't believe we met 25 years ago! WOW...That makes me feel o-l-d! I'm so thankful for your friendship:-)

Smash said...

mom, you're not old, you'll be old when you're 90. until then, you're young. thank you everyone for all your kind words! (he he) guess what? next year i'll be 11!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...