I am so very grateful for the new ward we live in. There are so many social activities for adults and park days for my kids, which has saved us this summer. Honestly, the new friends we've made at church have made moving to a new city yet again in the summer much more bearable! There are so many fun parks here. The top picture collage is at The Peter Pan Park on July 7th. I encouraged Ashlyn to get wet even though she didn't wear her swimming suit! Such a fun way to cool off on a hot summer day...

(Above): Louisville Commons Park for Canada Day, July 1st. (Left): On the way back to get in the car, we were laughing that our sunscreen had left footprints in the parking lot where I'd sprayed the kids! NICE! 
(Above): We've also been so happy to have quick visits with some dear friends from Arizona this summer! Jill Brown's family called when visiting Jill's sister and we met them at an incredible park near the end of June. I still have lingering sad feelings about leaving Arizona and it was really nice to catch up with Jill and to let our kids play. Jill's absolutely amazing and I will always be in her debt for all she did for my family and me while we lived in Gilbert. 
On July 8th, we met Yvonne Wilson and her family for lunch. Yvonne was my Visiting Teaching partner in Arizona and I've always admired her strength and resiliency. Yvonne had driven the 15 hours from Gilbert with her 3 kids and 3 nieces and nephews by herself! So brave! It was so great to catch up with Yvonne and her cousin Amanda, who lives here. It makes me miss my Arizona friends so much, but I'm also very glad we've stayed in touch!








0 comments:
Post a Comment