It was very strange having the 4th of July on Sunday this year. We hadn't planned anything until that morning, when I asked the Greens if they wanted to come over for dinner and then we planned to go see the fireworks. I am SO grateful for Nicole for helping me make friends and feel welcome. They have such a cool family and I just adore them. Ashlyn made this cute flag cake for dessert, and it was about then that it started raining.... Really pouring. Loud thunder. Blowing winds. NOT ideal for watching fireworks! Big bummer, especially since we hadn't seen fireworks on the 4th for 2 years. Last year we were at the cabin in Wyoming and the year before they were cancelled in Arizona because it was too hot.I'm very glad that we had a nice night with the Greens, or the 4th of July might have been one big disappointment!
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment