
I'm the oldest of 6 kids and I'm the only one who doesn't live in Salt Lake. My family is really close, so I miss them terribly! From July 12th- 15th, we were blessed to have my Mom, my nieces Jane & Anna and my nephew Tyler come visit from Utah! My Mom suggested the trip and it ended up being a perfect solution! None of them had seen our new home in Broomfield, so it was fun to show them around our new city & have some good time together.
The afternoon they arrived, we went to The Butterfly Pavilion, which my kids love. We got there just in time to see them release a new batch of freshly-hatched butterflies! My Mom was brave to fly alone with 3 kids and I'm sure we looked like quite the crowd with 6 kids in all. We took so many fun pictures, so forgive my plethora of collages:-)
There are butterflies everywhere! A few landed on the kids and hitched a ride. There were flowers on the ground and Corey got a butterfly to climb right onto the flower in his hand. The tropical plants there are pretty amazing too.
Everyone but my niece Anna (and my Mom & I) wanted to hold Rosie the Tarantula. ...Brave souls!!!
We stayed until we were all red-faced and hot from the tropical climate inside the greenhouse and the kids had their fill of insects, then we headed home to get ready for Claire's birthday party...
We had dinner, then decorated cupcakes and opened presents. These kids have some mad-cupcake-decorating skills!
My Mom & sisters spoiled Claire with some fun new toys!
After presents, we headed outside to use Claire's new bubble machine. I love these pictures of the kids dancing around in their pajamas! We all slept well that night!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment