Monday, September 21, 2009

Have wheels, will travel!




When we first arrived in Colorado, we immediately noticed how many bike riders there were. Everywhere you go, there are great bike trails and the mild weather makes it more appealing. We bought a bike trailer for Claire to ride in and recently spray-painted Ashlyn's too-small purple bike black so Corey won't be embarrassed to ride it. I ride with the kids to school, when the weather's nice and we've enjoyed frequent family bike rides lately. The trail from our neighborhood to the kids' school is beautiful! We ride over a bridge, past cornfields, a few horses and goats. One night last week when Dan was working late, we took a bike ride right after dinner.  The sun was just setting and the cornfields looked golden. We stopped to see the horse Ashlyn's come to know as "Chestnut" and we played at the school playground. Now, if we could just get rid of the mosquitoes.....

4 comments:

Aubry said...

That sounds so fun to actually be able to be out enjoying the weather. I took the girls to the park today and thought I was going to die. The heat and I are NOT friends. I think I should move to Colorado :)
PS Your pictures are awesome!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Seriously JEALOUS!! I bet the Fall colors will be amazing! Have you guys gotten snow? Your bike rides look so fun.

Alli grins said...

Aubry & Jessica- I still have Gilbert's weather on my iPhone and it's hard to believe you can be so hot when we are so cold here! It supposed to be below freezing tonight and some cities just North of us got a little snow this morning. If you get sick of the heat, we'd LOVE visitors! I can't wait to come visit AZ for Thanksgiving:-)

Jennie said...

You're pictures are beautiful. I so wish I lived in Colorado.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...